left Natural Health Lifestyles: Barack Obama and the Environment

Monday, March 17, 2008

Barack Obama and the Environment


As a democrat, Obama must stay with the party line on the environment. In order to differentiate himself from the pack, he uses the theme of his candidacy…Change.
Obama states “I don’t believe that climate change is just an issue that’s convenient to bring up during a campaign. I believe it’s one of the greatest moral challenges of our generation. That’s why I’ve fought successfully in the Senate to increase our investment in renewable fuels. That’s why I reached across the aisle to come up with a plan to raise our fuel standards… I went to Detroit, I stood in front of a group of automakers, and I told them that when I am president, there will be no more excuses — we will help them retool their factories, but they will have to make cars that use less oil.”

The challenge for all presidential candidates is balancing the economy with the “retooling” of industry. Quite often the blue side of the aisle has relied on platitudes about the economy rather than action. This isn’t due to neglect or insincerity, its just that the practical application of changing the way thousands of companies do business is a daunting task. I think I speak for most reasonable voters when I say; it’s long overdue in reaching a compromise about the environment.

To find out if Barack Obama is the right man for the job and to read more about and his positions on energy and the environment, Click Here

0 Comments: